Thursday, August 23, 2007

More music.


Surfing on myspace, I just discovered
Obadiah Parker in the last 20 minutes. It sort of brings me back to wanting to listen to Red House Painter's "Songs for a Blue Guitar." Just more music that is good to listen to when drawing or painting. Sort of has me reminiscing about Mkl and Paul; how influential they are to me when it comes to sound, music, and art.

*********************************

Reflecting back on having some beer with J on Tuesday night. It felt good talking about what motivates us to create. That being, it feels so much better creating when the piece is for someone and it has meaning because of that. That is my major reason of creating the things I do and it's hard for me to make something if it is not personal and without real meaning. Also conversations about sketchbooks and other art stuff where by the end of the night he just wanted to go home and read and I wanted to go home and draw. That is always a wonderful way to end a perfect night with a good friend.