skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Self Teaching Notes, Part One
- I need to remember to be thankful for what I do already have and what has been given to me.
- I find that being too judgemental about everything I end up killing myself and my soul. Try to see the good in people, the common human faults, flaws. Most times you can find a way to sympathize and relate.
- Find ways to learn from each situation.
- Read old journals.
- Surround self with creative people, writers, artists, comics, filmmakers, etc.
- When working on a project, plan to add one more week to work on the project before the planned deadline.
- I need to put a stop on my caffeine dependency. Although black tea with milk and turbinado sugar always starts me off nicely; Caffeine is also nice when on the home stretch. God, I need to stop, but it's so hard not to and the buzz feels so good.
- I am trying not to dwell in hatred so much. I find it hard not to, but there is already a lot of that in this world. I have a lot to complain about and a lot of things and situations and people I want to make fun of. So many lame, petty, stupid things. It's really not good to feed my soul on hating things and people--unless you are Potrafka--but even then, I have witnessed him in awe of birds and dogs.
- I should never feel bad about not keeping up with writing or blogging. First and foremost, I need to keep in mind to write for myself.
- I need to exercise and build endurance in order to keep going. I need my body to be fully rested. I hope to one day find the perfect balance.
- I love watching children and observing how easily they approach things. I love how easily amused they are. They are fearless and eager. James once told me of how he was once with his son at IKEA--or was it Target? I can't remember now--but his son wanted so badly to ride on the shopping cart while going down one of those escalator things for the carts. James of course said no, but had to hand it his son for being so adventurous. So courageous.