I've been working on the calendar all week. This is what I have so far:
Applied copper leaf to the calendar pages.
Created a calendar template out of a lino block. Next year I will clean up the squares. For now, I am satisfied with the "messiness" of it. I find something authentic about the print this way, with it's spots and glitches.
Making borders. On these pieces of paper I plan to draw an illustration for each month of the year. Each illustration will be of something that happened the year before on that month. For instance, for the month of August I am going to draw a picture from my goodbye barbeque in Chicago from 2008.
Writing in the dates and months.
Laying it out.
So now, I'm just working on the illustrations to be glued onto each month also adding in a caption below the illustration. And then I will bind the calendar and finally hang it on my wall.
Next project: self-portrait.
Other: Update website (artist bio, artist statement, resume, etc.), New comic
