An encouraging and heartwarming e-mail from David Kovac in regards to my surgery & artwork:
Hi, Angel.
Thanks for your message. I certainly wish you a swift and complete recovery. Healing, I have read, is really the only form of magic that comes entirely from within us. (As opposed to powers that move through us, but are not originally "of us.") Indeed, we missed you at The Magic Cabaret his past week. Sandy and Jen seem very cool. I'm meeting all kinds of people who know you, apparently. Popular you!
So. I just printed out a copy of your drawing (the one of you holing a pen and writing, with you in full view) and taped it to my office wall here in my U.V. apartment. Thanks for your work, Angel. Keep going. Sometimes I imagine drawings, like dreams, are bridges we build between the Earth and the Heavens.
Your Fellow Traveller,
DSK.
