Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Notes to Self: Tuesday, 03 November 09

I don't work in color as much as I used to, so it's taking a lot of time really getting used to it. It still feels natural, but I can feel myself rushing too much. I'm used to illustrating in black and white, and because I do it in such a sketchy style, because of the energy I feel when I draw, I find myself being too impatient with working in color again.

I'm trying to do these new pieces in one week. So, I'm not giving each piece the time it deserves; the focus and attention and thought it needs. But also, knowing my ways, I'm sure it will come out fine. But I know for future work, color needs more patience from me. It really needs to be lived out like my black and white stuff; but in a different way.