Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Corkboard Notes (Inspiration, Encouragement, & Influences) PART 2


In continuation from my "corkboard post" last February... additions to the corkboards:

[click for larger view]
  1. Ingrid's card for my 30th birthday.
  2. Art Detroit Now's area gallery map & guide. Now living here for a little over a year now, it's time to see what's out there for me.
  3. Program from David Kovac's "Fooling Buddha." David is both one of my favorite performers and people to talk to. I never walk away from him without feeling encouraged and inspired. Our mutual friend, Sandy had sent me a Christmas package with this program added to it. Inside is a personal note from David to me:



  4. A notecard from Cristalynn. I haven't seen Cristalynn in over ten years. She and I went took art classes together in high school and in an impromptu reunion re-connected and discovered that we are leading parallel lives; being in transition living back with our families after being independent for 10 years, turning 30, and coping with the autoimmune disease lupus.
  5. Again, my favorite picture of Lynda Barry working at her table.
  6. An illustration that my friend Lisa drew of me drawing.
  7. Ingrid's Christmas card featuring her cats (grrr...) and Kingston. (Grr... was in reaction that I don't like cats much, but I keep this card up, because Kingston cares for me.)
  8. Jack Lipman. The first baby born of my close group of friends from high school.
  9. A list of restaurants that my rheumatologist "prescribed" to me. Actually most of our conversations (after finishing up medical stuff) revolve around food and art. I find it amusing that he is also a foodie and started jotting down all these restaurants I have to try in the metro Detroit area.
  10. The Night Move schedule. Good if you want to get crunk barhopping in Ferndale, Royal Oak, and Detroit. (Now that I no longer live in Chicago with all it's public transit and cabs; You shouldn't be driving drunk, Missy.)
  11. Card my sister gave to me for my 30th birthday, created by artist, Ida Pearle. Beautiful.
  12. Card created by Dawn Wheat that my friend Cathy sent me. Both close and dear friends of mine.
  13. Card that my friend Roman designed and gave to me at my art reception last July.
  14. Personal autograph from Food Network star and fellow foodie, Sunny Anderson. (Because I'm a Food Network geek.)