Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Keep the Solitude, Good, Strong Coffee, Music, Comedy, Art, Drinks, & Food Flowing & I'll Do Just Fine.




Realistic goals/things I need get done in April:


  • Write a completely new artists statement (which I haven't done since 2001, when I was in the sound dept.) A new project prompted the need to write an entirely new artist statement; I've realize how much has changed/grown in my 2-d artwork in the last ten years & I need to reflect about what my artwork is about. Many, many people ask: "What kind of artwork do you do?" "What is your artwork about" when they find out that I'm an artist. I always stumble with my words, when I do know, but don't know how to explain it. You can't just say, it is what it is... I think that's bull. That and "the artwork will explain itself." I do think it's a good idea to get those thoughts on paper. I'll be honest though... I HATE writing artists statements. But it is a very, very good thing to do and I do believe every artist needs one. But I'll say it again... I HATE writing artists statements.... that being said. I need to stop being lazy and write one. It's a good thing to do.
  • New business cards. I don't have anymore of my old ones. A lot of people keep asking me for one. (A good sign people really like my stuff and are interested; a bad sign that I'm not being professional enough and that I don't have one ready to hand out.) I need to get on this before May. (C'mon Busque it's only about $30.00 to make.)
  • Update artists resume. Right now, mine is over one years old and much good stuff has happened since I updated it last.

After April:
  • Collaboration with Brian Potrafka.
  • More watercolors pieces.
Other stuff:

  • I need a wacom tablet and a more updated version of Photoshop (I have version 5.0) and memory on this laptop--really, I need a more updated laptop, this thing is oldddd...-- if I really want to complete "Geli Girl."

Fun stuff: