Hung out with Emily yesterday as she set up her show at The Woods Gallery. She worked very hard on this in these last several months. Her first solo art show.
I've been waiting excitingly for this show. The reception is Thursday, August 18th. But show begins August 9 & runs until Sept. 22nd at The Woods Gallery.
Emily is one of my favorite people & a kindred spirit. She & I met in high school through art classes in high school (CASA) & sorta re-met 3 yrs. ago--realizing we were leading parallel lives. She is an amazing artist, person, and friend. I believe it's time for people to discover this intelligent and brilliant artist. She deserves more than to be just a hidden gem. I highly recommend this show.
EMILY VASTBINDER
"Paintings, Drawings and Sculpture"
August 9-September 22,2011
Artist Reception: Thursday August 18, 2011 6:30-8:30pm
"I enjoy discovering the synthesis between ideas...and any and all ideas that 'stick' or haunt me, or has repetition in my own life.
Everything relates to each other in some way. Maybe, within the human algorithm, part of what artists do is to continue making fresh connections in the neurology of our collective unconsciousness. It is the practice of art making that helps to solidify what becomes our collective consciousness, and over and over again..."
Emily studied at College for Creative Studies and lives in Detroit, Michigan.
www.woodsgallery.org
"Paintings, Drawings and Sculpture"
August 9-September 22,2011
Artist Reception: Thursday August 18, 2011 6:30-8:30pm
"I enjoy discovering the synthesis between ideas...and any and all ideas that 'stick' or haunt me, or has repetition in my own life.
Everything relates to each other in some way. Maybe, within the human algorithm, part of what artists do is to continue making fresh connections in the neurology of our collective unconsciousness. It is the practice of art making that helps to solidify what becomes our collective consciousness, and over and over again..."
Emily studied at College for Creative Studies and lives in Detroit, Michigan.
www.woodsgallery.org
Woods Gallery
(Lower level of The Huntington Woods Public Library)
(Lower level of The Huntington Woods Public Library)
26415 Scotia
Huntington Woods, MI
