Friday, September 16, 2011




Been working on this on and off for the last three days. Really since last November. Then stopped. Picked it up again in January. Stopped. Again in April. Stopped. Now it's the middle of September. Almost a year now. This is beginning to feel like high school, when my "worst" subject was Math.

Math really wasn't my worst subject, I did good at math, it just took me longer to get the answers and to understand them. It was more that I hated math more than anything and I wanted to get to my other classes where I understood things better and things worked out more fluidly and I knew that I would get an easy A, or at least a B; The other classes weren't much of a challenge.

In math, I would keep re-working and re-working problems, trying to get the answer, but not getting the answers quick enough. So I take even more time trying to figure the problem out--but so many distractions and the want to not do the work--but I have to keep pushing myself; trying to complete the problem before getting one whole answer that will round out all the work you've done perfectly. Thus, fully understand the problem... and then being able to carry on to the next.

Right now, in this painting, I'm in that pushing myself part. Almost figuring out the answers, but not fully there yet. Although, I'm beginning to understand the light, the shapes, where to re-form parts and wholes.. where next to paint over, re-work mistakes; eventually at some point, this will be a finished, whole piece. Hopefully, I'll understand better and because of so, the next art pieces I do later will come to my mind more fluidly. We'll see...