Saturday, January 21, 2012

Here are some images and detailed scans I took of the piece I created as a custom award for the 2011 Short of The Year for The Movie Mitten Project. The film that won was Amendment. No one, including the director showed up for the January Movie Mitten Project screening. So I don't know what they thought of it. Anyway, I hope they like it. The film was amazing and deserved to have won.

I created the piece using a wooden box that I stained and finished. I created a paper butterfly since a butterfly is shown throughout the movie. Plays somewhat a symbolic and important role.

Most of the illustrations are based off of still shots I took from the film. The cinematography is gorgeous, so I had decided to draw some chosen shots in my own style.









I've enjoyed using a power drill, to drill the illustrations into the small wooden plaques. I also stained and finished these wooden plaques. I want to brainstorm more ways I can make use of my new found love to play with a power drill.



Detailed with text:



Detailed without text: