I "finished" one of the Club Bart pieces last night. But I am completely unsatisfied. I feel the need to practice more self-control when I use my pen to define the shapes. I went slap happy & the piece was officially over after I sprayed the crystal clear acrylic. Ink began to bleed together and got even more dark. TOO DARK.

I want to experiment more with not relying on my pen to define the shapes & get more used to shaping with just the colors. So I'm going to do this piece all over again; Less pen, more watercolor, with more understanding of the light, the shades of pink and red....white.
BUT FIRST, going to put that piece aside and work on the comic. My goal is to finish in time for the Xeric Grant deadline on February 26th. I'm probably not going to make it since I'm teaching again and it tires me out. It's hard to get a second wind, BUT I will have it finished before summer. Been on this for almost seven years and it's near completion. That's a good thing.
Moving on...
