I bookmark a lot of links that inspire me and articles that I would plan to one day go back and read. So much intake everything becomes desensitizing; sensory overload. I am learning to try to limit my time being on the internet. I am constantly checking e-mail, myspace messages, comments, updated blogs. Maybe this will all end when my new job begins.
When I do try to limit my internet use. It makes me appreciate more of what I see and read.
I tend to get overwhelmed and start to feel less by what I am experiencing so much that I don't appreciate it as much when I am constantly on-line. When I do limit myself, I find things more refreshing and able to enjoy it more.
This is sort of like when I start watching t.v., as I don't watch t.v. very often, or how I enjoy sushi more after not having eaten it for a long time. Anything that is absent in your life, you enjoy more in your presence when it comes back. Like cheap Budacki's hot dogs and french fries after not buying these greasy foods for almost a year, rather than having this meal every day. I digress. I digress with food talk. Always.
I am seeking the difference between finding inspiration from the internet and spending too much time consuming what is being fed to me visually, sonically, etc. VERSUS being productive and creating. Or at least seeking a happy balance between the two. I don't know how to turn off my computer and keep it turned off.
