Monday, May 9, 2011

"Love Bade Me Welcome: Yet My Soul Drew Back..."

Just to refresh the memories of those who may be reading this:

February 1, 2010
February 4, 2010
February 18, 2010

A couple of months ago, I thought about picking this project up again, after my friend Dawn told me about "Art For God's Sake" this January.

Flowers from my backyard, that I picked in June of 2010; pressed them until I was ready to use them for this project.




Playing now with silver leaf, copper leaf, acrylic paint, vellum, watercolor pencil, ink, flower petals, and charcoal.





I got into the show after working on the book 2 months ago and submitting the .jpegs of some of the completed pages and the finished book covers:







I have to turn in the artist book tomorrow, so I've been working on this for the last few days...



The last few touches...





Finished!


Now, I'm waiting for all my pages to dry before putting it together with the book covers. For the most part. The book, after fifteen months, is FINISHED!

Pages drying:



*I'll post images of all the pages, once dry, depending if I'm tired or not tomorrow morning and if I have time to scan them all in before heading to drop off the artwork and then work; Otherwise, I will have to wait next week when the art show is over to share.

SOME OTHER STUFF: