Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Commission Work

As I had mentioned earlier this week, I've been working non-stop on a commission piece.

A month ago, I was given copy of a script to work off from. During their 13th Annual Event (which was last Tuesday night) Community Legal Resources wanted to have a presentation revealing their new name and logo. Over the last 13 years the company had grown; so the script is a little bit about the history of CLR, the stories underlining what they do, who they are, and their growth as a non-profit organization.

With this script, I created and proposed a storyboard for the way that I would like to creatively illustrate their story and present it in video form. The storyboard was approved and I got to work.

A month's worth of storyboarding, researching reference pics, prep work and sketches, drawing, coloring and painting in, scanning, photoshopping, video editing... etc., etc., etc.

Here is the video I created which was received very well from everyone. I got so many wonderful compliments. It was pretty cool to stand in the room, anonymous, and watching everyone see the what the big reveal was all about. When the logo showed up the the screen, you can tell the room really lit up and everyone liked it. It made me happy, proud of myself, and overall excited for this organization and for the hardworking people and hearts involved:





(Note: The bass is a bit quiet in the beginning. Turn it up a little bit and enjoy. Also, Monday Busque, my older brother, was in charge of putting together the soundtrack for the video. Go Team Busque!)