Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm looking over the list of artwork/"memoir portraits" that I wanted to create for the We Are Here show.

Here's an updated version of this list that I made moments ago:



I crossed out the ones I was able to make and highlighted in green the pieces I am planning to tackle next.

I've been a bit non-stop. No desire to stop the momentum...

This evening, I'm sitting at a coffee shop catching up on internet stuff; Along from what I crossed off this list I'm looking back at what I've done since July:
  • Twelve full 14x17 illustrations for a book that will come out next year.
  • A private birthday gift for a friend. Turned out beautiful and was a success!
  • Another gift for my best friend, Ingrid:



I started this piece two days ago and finished it last night:



I'm going to see how much I can get done with my personal artwork by next Monday and switch gears for something I'm cooking up for The Movie Mitten Project.


QUANTITY DOES NOT MATTER... but looking back and tallying up... This means that in the last six months I've created 152 pieces of artwork. AND YES the 127 frames for the video very much does indeed count. I'm taken aback at myself (in a good way) and looking forward to 2012.

I'm excited because I'm really learning about my own work and myself while working on pieces. I'm also excited because people are reacting in a good way and people who get what I do, really get it and it touches them.

I have more to say about this, but... eyes are getting tired. I've noticed too that many people who see my artwork on-line, strangers, want to become friends on Facebook because they like what they see. This means so much to me.

Anyway... resting today. Going to shut off the laptop at this coffeeshop, pack up, get my free birthday month meal at The Royal Oak Brewery, then go home and finally watch The Jerk.

Tomorrow, I pick up the pen and ink and watercolors again...