Thursday, March 1, 2012

Getting on with my artwork again...

I've got to thank Steven. He's the one I'm going to collaborate with this year. When I wrote him that I've been experiencing a lack of energy and motivation lately. This is what he wrote. I needed this:

"It shouldn't be hard to get motivated, as long as you remember the joy and smiles you have from engaging in the dance, and that it just takes several hours of breaking in and then it's all cruise control until you slow down again... ...It's not about falling to the pressure of having a decent show and throwing stuff together, it's about being tied to your sketchbook and therefore experience, and then letting this turn into something personal and unique and thorough, even if creating a painting off of a sketch. Just don't go anywhere with out a pencil and paper, like water on a hot day. You'll be fine."