Thursday, March 1, 2012

Okay... Here's a note that I wrote to add along while sharing to others about Scarytales Kickstarter Project:



Hello,

I've been excited watching this project come into fruition. Last year I illustrated a book for singer/songwriter Tracey Coryell called SCARYTALES. I've been excited for her, since it's been a project she's worked so long on, but also for myself in trying to make the magic in the pages "happen." While creating the drawings for this project I kept reminiscing over the illustrations that awed, inspired, SCARED, and INTRIGUED me while growing up. I kept thinking about the illustrations for Alvin Schwartz's "SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK." Recalled when I was a pre-teen at the library pouring through “MAN. MYTH, AND MAGIC” illustrated encyclopedias and “THE ENCHANTED WORLD” Time Life Series; how I was obsessed over Michael Whelan’s cover illustration of “THE BEST OF H.P. LOVECRAFT: BLOODCURDLING TALES OF HORROR AND THE MACABRE". My curiosity for the macabre grew in me a respect and love for a well-crafted suspense novel; literature that spooked me and had me turning the page to find out what happens next.... I think overall, what left lasting impressions on me were the illustrations from these books. I kept thinking, is there going to be a generation of readers, who would read Tracey's book and the lasting impression that would stick with them are the illustrations that I drew? Egotistical, I know, but I can't help but to think of that and how exciting it is. To inspire others to "get scared" and "read on."

Tracey Coryell shares her "darker side" with Scarytales. It is a series of nine beautifully written short, scary stories for all ages. They are accompanied by a narrated audio cd with soundtrack.

Tracey and her husband, Larry created a kickstarter project that includes a humble promo video to help further see this book into production and we're looking for those who can help with pledges. You can read more about the project and/or pledge at the link SHARED. A pledge of $1 or more gets your name and/or company listed on their website. $5 or more gets you an autographed Scarytales poster. $10 or more gets you an autographed audio cd of Scarytales. $35 or more you get an autographed book complete with audio cd.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/153572387/scarytales

I've heard some of the demos for the narrative audio cd. They're haunting and mesmerizing. I also, can't wait to her the finalized versions!

THANK YOU for taking the time to read all of this.

Please share this message.

CHEERS!,
Angel